In Family Law
Deborah L. Webb is a divorce attorney practicing in Maryland and the District of Columbia for more than 20 years. She represents clients in all aspects of family law including negotiations leading to prenuptial and separation agreements and the litigation of issues related to the dissolution of marriage, child custody, child support, alimony, and equitable distribution of property.
Being a leader in the family law community is one of the main reasons that The Bar Association of Montgomery County named Deborah its “Family Law Practitioner of the Year” in 2015. Her colleagues often seek her assistance as a mediator to resolve complex family law cases. Deborah is a Fellow of the prestigious American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), and International Academy of Family Lawyers having met their strict standards for admission. She is appointed by the Circuit Court for Montgomery County to serve as a facilitator in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) for family law cases and to represent children in complex custody disputes.
Being detailed, organized and discreet are Deborah’s key attributes. She is strategic and creative in helping clients achieve their goals. Deborah has a wide breadth of experience in handling complex financial matters including executive compensation structures and business and stock option disputes between business owners and their spouses. She also has vast experience in representing clients in difficult custody matters involving addiction and relocation. Her clients include high net worth individuals, professional athletes, entrepreneurs and their spouses. Deborah is also a member of ADR Maryland, a panel of highly-experienced and widely-respected neutral Maryland attorneys who are trained and skilled in alternative dispute resolution. ADR Maryland members are all AV® Preeminent™ rated in Martindale-Hubbell and have extensive and diverse litigation experience.
Having a criminal law background makes Deborah a skilled and strong advocate for her clients inside and outside of the courtroom. Getting the best negotiated settlement requires specialized advocacy and Deborah trained in negotiation techniques at the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
Divorce is highly personal. It affects every client, his or her children, and their financial future in their own unique way. Depending on the needs of the client, Deborah helps build a team of professionals to provide specialized advice, such as child custody experts, therapists, forensic accountants, investment advisors, tax and corporate counsel and estate planners to achieve the best outcome for her clients. Deborah excels at bringing cases to a resolution in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Deborah has served as a faculty member for continuing legal education courses sponsored by the AAML and Family Law Sections of the Maryland Bar, Montgomery County Bar and D.C. Bar.
Deborah has been listed among the top lawyers in The Washingtonian, Maryland Super Lawyers, District of Columbia Super Lawyers, Bethesda Magazine and Best Lawyers in America.
Her practice areas include Family Law, Collaborative Law, and Mediation and Arbitration Services.
- District of Columbia
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. - 1994
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Clinical Excellence Award in the Family Law Clinic
- Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1991
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Certified Arbitrator, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Fellow, International Academy of Family Lawyers
- Listed in “Top Divorce Lawyers” in Washingtonian Magazine, 2017-present
- Named “Lawyer of the Year” in Family Law Mediation in Washington, D.C. by Best Lawyers in 2020
- Received “Family Law Practitioner of the Year” award from Bar Association of Montgomery County, 2015
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, 2010-present
- Listed in Maryland and DC Super Lawyers, 2010-present
- Ranked AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- Listed in Top 10 Attorneys, Maryland Super Lawyers, 2013
- Listed in Top 100 Attorneys, Maryland Super Lawyers, 2012-present
- Listed in Top 50 Women Attorneys, Maryland Super Lawyers, 2010-present
- Listed in Top 100 Attorneys, Washington, D.C. Area Super Lawyers, 2012-present
- Listed in Top 50 Women Attorneys, Washington, D.C. Area Super Lawyers, 2010-present
- Named “Rising Star” in Family Law by Maryland Super Lawyers, 2009
- Named “Bar Leader” by Montgomery County Bar Foundation, 2009
- Received “Committee Chair of the Year” award from Bar Association of Montgomery County for chairing Fee Dispute Resolution Committee, 2009
- Received “Outstanding Section Chair of the Year” award from Bar Association of Montgomery County for co-chairing Family Law Section, 2003
- Selected as one of the Top 10 Lawyers in Maryland by 2020 Maryland Super Lawyers
- Selected as among the Top 50 Women Lawyers in Maryland by 2020 Maryland Super Lawyers
- Selected as Top Family Law Lawyers by 2020 Maryland Super Lawyers