Trusted Leaders In the
Practice of Family Law
- Family Law
Rhian McGrath is a family lawyer practicing in Washington, D.C. and Maryland. She practices in all dimensions of family law including divorce, custody, child support, domestic violence and prenuptial agreements. Rhian provides a tailored strategy to every one of her cases. She is tenacious in the courtroom, but she also provides a reasonable approach to avoid the costly expense of litigation when possible.
Rhian provides solutions to complex family law matters incorporating strategies for issues such as business valuations, dissipation of assets and high conflict custody cases. Rhian believes in an individual approach for each client as each family law matter is unique.
Rhian actively participates in numerous legal organizations thereby remaining abreast of current changes in the law. She is extremely active in the Maryland State Bar Association and Montgomery County Bar Association.
Rhian was recently named a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML). The AAML members are recognized as preeminent family law practitioners with the highest levels of knowledge, skill and integrity. Ms. McGrath was elected to the AAML after successully completing a rigorous selection process that includes interviews, examinations, and professional and judicial evaluations.
- District of Columbia
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2001
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Association
- Honors: Student for Public Interest Law
- Honors: Thurgood Marshall American Inns of Court
- The George Washington University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.A. - 1997
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for 2019
- Listed in Top 100 Maryland Super Lawyers, 2015-present
- Listed in Top 50 Women Maryland Super Lawyers, 2015-present
- Listed in Top 50 Women Washington, DC Super Lawyers, 2015
- Listed in Super Lawyers Maryland, 2014-present
- Listed in Super Lawyers District of Columbia, 2014-present
- Selected to Maryland Daily Record’s Leading Women List, 2012
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, Family Law, 2012-present
- Listed as “Rising Star” in Family Law by Maryland Super Lawyers
- Listed as “Rising Star” in Family Law by Washington, DC Super Lawyers, 2013
- Named “Bar Leader” by the Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
- Bar Association of Montgomery County “Committee Chair of the Year” award, 2012
- Selected as among the Top 100 Lawyers in Maryland by 2020 Maryland Super Lawyers
- Selected as among the Top 50 Women Lawyers in Maryland by 2020 Maryland Super • Lawyers
- Selected as Top Family Law Lawyers by 2020 Maryland Super Lawyers